Employer: Galle Face Hotel
Location: Sri Lanka
Responsible for the smooth functioning of the Front Office Department by ensuring that the Hotel constantly maintains high room occupancy with a healthy average room rate. Provide efficient, safe and friendly service to all guests by managing the Front Office in keeping with the policies and procedures of the Galle Face Hotel.
• Demonstrates skills in leadership, organizing, controlling, delegating, prioritizing, training and developing employees within the Hotel.
• Being the nerve centre of the Hotel provide information to all departments in a timely manner and have a good working relationship with all department.
• Disciplinary Procedures, maintaining of employee discipline through the enforcement of SOP’s and hotel rules and regulations.
• Constantly recommends value added services to enhance and upgrade the guest services.
• Maintain a good rapport with the guests to promote hotel facilities and services with a view to exceeding customer expectations and handle guest complaints efficiently
• Maintain the necessary statistics, reports etc and share with necessary departments.
• Conducts daily briefings and monthly meetings with the department, delegate work to department for a smooth operation depending on the work load.
• Maximum productivity to be achieved from all staff, evaluate work load and work habits of all employees.
• Implement proper control and maintenance of Room keys.
• Training & Development of employees. Consistently up date knowledge & skills of employees in a planned and systematic method and ensure that correct attitudes are developed in order that employees are capable of carrying out their duties to maintain the standards of the Hotel.
• Adhere to correct storage systems of documents in the FO department and maintain confidentiality.
Skills, Education, Qualifications & Experience:
• Hotel school Diploma or equivalent qualification in a hospitality related field.
• Should be dynamic, focused, proactive and result-oriented.
• Highly capable to multi-task and manage a wide range of projects simultaneously.
• Self-initiative and independent judgment & exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills & Very high level of computer literacy is essential.
• Be a creative thinker who can bring energy to new projects.
• Previous experience in a similar role in a hotel. Successful candidates will received a competitive remuneration package with other fringe benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.